The Dumfries Islamic Society
Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway is a central organisation for volunteering in all sorts of ways across the region.
You can search for volunteering opportunities at http://thirdsectordumgal.org.uk or visit one of their offices.
16 Queensberry Street,
There are many opportunities for volunteering in Dumfries and Galloway. It’s a great way to meet other people, to get to know the area and to help your community!
Some of the organisations who will welcome volunteers are
Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway – these have connections to a wide range of volunteering opportunities
Clothing, furniture and other necessaries for refugees and others in need.
Most Mondays and Fridays 10 – 12.30pm
It is an organisation open to all members of ethnic, religious and cultural minority communities in our region as well as organisations and individuals keen to promote the aims of the Association.
Our main aims are:
- to support people from ethnic, religious and cultural minorities
- to provide education and training for organisations about minority issues
- to share information about activities and events across the region
- to provide services including translation and interpretation
- to establish a Multicultural Centre as a place to meet and celebrate the special events of our faith and communities
It’s there to help people to integrate into Scottish society and play their full part.
It also works to prevent discrimination and to make everyone aware of the benefits of diverse cultures living together in South West Scotland.
Among other facilities they offer English Language Lessons
For further information, contact DGMA
Dumfries and Galloway Multicultural Association – DGMA
Old Assembly Close
Monday to Friday 1pm – 5pm